Popcorn Time For iOS: is an application that beautifully aggregates movies and television series from around the world on your Smartphone screen in an easily searchable way. The sharing eco – system depends on the collaborative sharing of the pirated material encouraging peer – to – peer distribution. They rely on the use of Bit Torrent for the distribution of the content. The application has always been under scrutiny by the digital media industry and the content makers as a maximum of its supply is from the pirated contents. It is also sometimes called Netflix’s pirates to let users stream movie torrents and watch pirated movies and TV shows.
PopCorn Time For iOS:
Popcorn Time for iOS
Almost all the episodes and the movies that have been digitized are available to stream on this application. Since there is a large, diverse group of users who form the base of this application, a large variety rich data is made available to the users. The key to success lies in the user interface of the application which is largely similar to that of Netflix. This breeds familiarity among the users creating a smooth experience for them all along. Though the original version was shut due to a legal reason, other versions quickly popped up as it was an open source application. The app gives tougher competition to Netflix and Amazon Prime that charge their users for similar content. Also, Check Freedom apk for android Latest Version
Downloading Popcorn Time for iOS:
Popcorn time allows you to search for your required movie or series through a professionally designed UI which makes browsing hassle – free. The interface allows you to search quickly and stream with minimum efforts. Though the app uses Bit Torrent – like clients, it allows you to choose the resolution of the content. This gives you more choice regarding uploading as well as downloading of the content.
Now there is a lot of discussion around the legal status of the app, it should be taken into consideration that sharing of content is illegal if the person/ service infringes the copyright principle. Though the laws are different in different countries, users are cautioned about the usage.
Since there is legal gray area, the developers have put the huge disclaimer which clearly makes its users aware of the same. The banner says “Downloading copyrighted material may be illegal in your country. Use at your own risk.” As a user, if you still are willing to install and use the application on your iOS device, following are the steps to do the same.
There are two ways of getting Popcorn Time on the iOS unit: The easy and recommended method using iOS Installer and the not so easy method of using Cydia which means jailbreaking the device.
How to set up Popcorn Time on iOS using Installer:
- If you are using a computer, go to your browser and the website http://alloappdownload.org and select the iOS Beta.
- The pop-up on the screen will prompt you to download an installer which will be required to run the application on your computer or the iPhone.
- Install the software on your PC
- Before accessing your iOS Installer app, ensure you have updated version of iTunes. Also, ensure that it has the necessary permissions to access your iOS device for it to work.
- Open the iOS Installer program and connect your iPhone.
- Allow the application to access your connected device by unlocking the phone when prompted and selecting “trust” when asked in a pop – up window if you trust the computer.
- Put your device on airplane mode when prompted. Once this is done the application will start installing, which can take from few seconds to few minutes to install completely. Do not engage the device in any other process until this gets completed.
- After the successful installation of the app, you will be prompted to unlock the device. Open the Popcorn Time app while you are still in the airplane mode.
- Once into the application, a pop-up will request you to confirm if you trust the developer of the app in a pop-up window. Select “trust”.
- Remove the device from airplane mode. If you are still unable to load the app after you disabled Airplane mode all you need to do is force quit the app by double clicking the home screen button and swiping up on the app. The next time you open it, you should have full access to the entire Popcorn Time library.